Wednesday 7 November 2007










It's late. This is the first time I've really sat down all day because I'm so busy...i've got a few hours work to do before I can stop though!

The problem with working with kilns is that you've really got to timetable your day around firing scheduales...i've spelt that incorrectly but at this point I don't care.

I've working on another order today that i've not been able to get to for a few days because i've not been to well. I shouldn't really be working but to be honest I think it helps. Here's a few pieces from today's lot.....










And...


The cufflinks seem to be popular at the mo...Christmas is coming and I think they're what people buy for 'hard to buy for' dads but i'm not complaining!


I had a bit of an accident in my delirium before involving me grabbing hold of a kiln shelf and misreading the temp read out.....I thought it said 50c....it actually said 500c. There was some burning, an explosion, some swearing and some general unpleasantness but it's all good now. These little accidents give me enough paranoia about the way I work to make me extra careful in the future!....anyway....




Christmas is coming!....I bought my first Christmas decs from a craft forum..
..I thought they were fab! Nothing says christmas like chickens! They're from swirlyarts.com.. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5040847 is their etsy link. The website link is on the blog and they're soo cute. A like to add a few unusual pieces to me Christmas tree every year to add a bit of character and these certainly have that!...
Anyway, must persevere!.. http://www.glasskanvas.com/ is taking over my life!

1 comment:

Sam Gillespie said...

Hope your feeling better soon. x
I do love swirly's chickens... very cute ; )